ABS Gypsum was established in 1979 and made its first investment in Bilecik/Bozuyuk area, which started production in 1982.
Before ABS, gypsum was solely utilized for repairing purposes and in production of decorative materials in Turkey. With ABS Gypsum, the Turkish construction industry met new products and gained a new dimension. Among being the first producer of gypsum blocks, gypsum plaster, filling gypsum and adhesive gypsum in Turkey, ABS Gypsum is also the inventor of satin finishing gypsum. Over the years, these products have taken their well deserved place among the demanded construction materials. In terms of plaster board production, ABS became the first producer to introduce environmental friendly lightweight boards to the Turkish market in 2018. Since 1982, ABS made the following investments to increase its production capacity and to gain wide range of distribution:
- ABS Gölbaşı,Gypsum Plaster Plant in 1982,
- ABS Gölbaşı Plasterboard Plant in 1996,
- ABS Tarsus, Mersin Gypsum Plaster Plant in 1998,
- ABS Aşkale Gypsum Plaster Plant in 2003,
- ABS Bozüyük Plate Plant in 2003,
- ABS Tarsus Plasterboard Plant in 2008,
- ABS Ukraine Mamaliga Gypsum Plaster Plant in 2008
Furthermore, as a local successful seperate brand, BMT Gypsum joined ABS as an affiliate partner in 2004 with its production base in Sivas.